[isf-wifidog] 1 Gateway + Authserver for 96 locations?

Matthew Tavenor mtavenor at nlpl.ca
Ven 21 Oct 08:15:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I have been running the WiFidog service for all 96 of Newfoundland & Labrador Public Libraries for the past 3 years.

http://wifi.nlpl.ca/hotspots_map.php

Currently, the way I have it configured is using 1 WifiDog Authentication server with Gateways in each location.  I am in the process of upgrading to Authpuppy.

Here is my Quesiton:

"Is it possible to have 1 Gateway located in the same location as the Authentication server? Can that one Gateway then authenticate all 96 nodes if I forward all data from the Wireless of each site directly to that Gateway?"

Has anyone configured it in this way?

Thanks,
Matt Tavenor

This communication, including all attachments, is intended solely for the use of the person or persons to whom it is addressed and should be treated as a confidential NLPL document.

If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you received this email in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your cooperation is appreciated.