[isf-wifidog] Gateway development

Geneviève Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Lun 7 Nov 16:26:23 EST 2011

hi Alexandre,

Thanks for this work.  Unfortunately I don't personally have the time or
the busy network to test it out, but if need be, we may take a few nodes
at île sans fil to test this stuff.

As for protocol V2... it would have to be designed for today's needs.
The specs in the wiki are already quite old.

One important thing is really to avoid the 1 request/connection/minute +
1 request/node/minute thing which puts a lot of load on the server.  1
request/node/minute should be enough to do all there is to do.
Also, if this new protocol could find a way to bypass the Apple
auto-login thingy, it would be great!
Also, no extra libraries should be needed as it should keep working with
extra low power devices.

That said, I don't know enough of the gateway to work on its
implementation, but I'd be glad to make AuthPuppy work with this new
protocol when it is available!

Cheers,
Geneviève