[isf-wifidog] How Secure is WiFiDog

Steven Kurylo steven.kurylo+wifidog at aviawest.com
Dim 16 Jan 18:55:57 EST 2011

On 11-01-16 03:27 PM, Andrew Niemantsverdriet wrote:
> So the solution to this issue is 802.1x and WPA access, is there any
> other options to make public wifi more secure?
WPA2 isn't secure either, if you're public.  That is, any person who can
authenticate with WPA2 can then MITM any other user's session.  But you
basically have the same issues with public wired ethernet too.

In its current state, public wifi is completely insecure.  Anything of
any importance needs to be secured by a higher layer; like a vpn or https.

There may be some proprietary wifi extensions out there which improve
the situation.  I haven't done much research there.