[isf-wifidog] How Secure is WiFiDog

Steven Kurylo steven.kurylo+wifidog at aviawest.com
Dim 16 Jan 18:19:23 EST 2011

On 11-01-16 03:06 PM, Andrew Niemantsverdriet wrote:
> But if the IP is spoofed the Internet will not function well on either
> computer. So that kinda prevents that sort of thing from happing
> correct?

It certainly makes it harder, but not impossible.

For instance, at a busy spot I could stalk all the clients and once one
leaves, impersonate their MAC+IP to keep their session going.

If a client is far away from the WAP, I could MITM her connection -
pretend to be her to the WAP, and pass her traffic on to her; she
wouldn't know.  Then start my own requests from there.

Public wifi (regardless of the gateway used) is horribly, horribly insecure.