[isf-wifidog] Implementing ipv6 support on wifidog

David Young dyoung at pobox.com
Ven 11 Fév 19:45:43 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 11:01:21AM -0500, Geneviève Bastien wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We'll soon start working on implementing the ipv6 support on the wifidog
> client.  One of the problematic will be to port to ip6tables the actual
> iptables that wifidog creates at startup, so that all the redirects still
> work on ipv6.
>
> Can anyone help with that?

I will take this opportunity to make a suggestion that I meant to
make years ago: consider extracting the logic for setting the WiFiDog
filter/redirection rules into an external program or programs that can
be implemented as shell scripts.  That will make it easier to modify the
rules and to port to other operating systems.  I wished for that when I
ported WiFiDog to NetBSD & PF years ago.  I am sure that I can turn up
my patches if you're interested to see how I did it.

Dave

dyoung at ojctech.com      Urbana, IL * (217) 344-0444 x24