[isf-wifidog] Wifidog, portal page and Apple auto-login

Max Horváth info at maxhorvath.com
Ven 26 Aou 10:32:15 EDT 2011

I would strongly suggest to not deactivate the auto login feature for Apple products by fooling the devices that they could reach the Apple server.

Apple device users are used to the auto login feature for WiFi networks with captive portals. So would basically screw the UX they are used to.

If you really need to display the portal information, you either should manipulate the accessibility of http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html after the login was successful. Then you could redirect to the portal instead of the login page. Or you should place information of the portal onto the login page.

My 2 cents,
Max