[isf-wifidog] Is wifidog required on every AP?

Alexis Cornellier alexis.cornellier at gmail.com
Lun 25 Avr 08:08:55 EDT 2011

I think the answer to your question is Yes, you can have a switch with
wifidog installed and all the access point in the venue will be under
wifidog watch.
Here in montreal, we plan of doing some library wich are already have their
own system. We plan to use a devices built by one of us who would take over
the network and provide the wifidog structure that we install. You can have
a little bit more information at http://inter-node.com/?page_id=87, the
Block ISF device would do exactly what you looking for. This devices has
been hand built by Richard Lussier wich you have contact information for on
the inter-node page.

Alexis Cornellier

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 7:47 AM, guru singh <grsingh750 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to this project. I've been reading on wifidog and auth-puppy,
> past few days and I think it is best suitable for what I need. I like
> the plugin architecture of auth-puppy. Maybe I could add some
> functionality that I require and is not present at the moment. But
> first I have a few basic questions.
>
> 1) Does wifidog client need to be running on every wifi access point
> or could I just plug one interface of wifidog gateway box into the
> core switch to which all APs are connected and the other interface to
> the internet gateway?
>
> Thanks
> Guru

Alexis Cornellier