[isf-wifidog] Example/Working iptables script?

Steven Kurylo steven.kurylo+wifidog at aviawest.com
Lun 6 Sep 19:12:34 EDT 2010

> It would make sense to include that snippet of info in the
> instruction, cryptic one too, about getting iptables up.  It now
> appears to me that the only iptables setup required is to bridge two
> NICs.  WiFiDog does the rest... except for refinements as you noted.

You don't have to bridge your network (I never have), but certainly it
can be a valid configuration.  However you don't need to touch iptables
to setup a bridge, so I'm not sure where you ran into trouble.

The wifidog documentation assumes you already have a valid working
network.  While I haven't had an issue with the documentation, it is
sparse.  I'm sure more documentation will be welcomed.

> Thanks again for your help.  I think I almost have a working hotspot.
> Now if I could just figure out where to specify a SMTP server ....

It uses PHPMailer by default, which send email directly to other SMTP
servers.  You can change this in config.php to use the local server
"sendmail" or a remote server "smtp".