[isf-wifidog] Special captive portal

gbastien at versatic.net gbastien at versatic.net
Sam 30 Oct 00:10:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

Yes, wifidog can certainly serve as a captive portal in your case.  The
mac address is kept as an attribute to any connexion so you wouldn't have
a problem with that.

As for the 1 mac, 1 login scheme, it is not possible as is.  I would
suggest you to use AuthPuppy as the auth server for your network
(www.authpuppy.org), it has a very modular architecture.

You could implement your authenticator as an additional plugin, or use
(and help develop) the splash-only plugin, that is basically a MAC
authenticator, just anybody can log in, but it has no user base at all
(and does not need one).  So you cannot really manage your users.

If you want users, you could add an extension to the auth local user
plugin, adding the 1 mac constraint.

Hope this helps,
Geneviève