[isf-wifidog] Bug in the main loop?

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Sam 6 Mar 12:06:11 EST 2010

Hi all,

i can see a bug in the wifidog daemon, but i can't find the bug occurs.
I explain:
it seems that sometimes, under load, the daemon capture the
authentication response.
I have seen a message like this one "Captured requesting
http://192.168.14.1:2060/portal/auth?token=97b8e2c6e1e0d20809bb730f17d053f8_e52743
and re-directing them to login page". Is says that the client passed the
authentication, but that the daemon capture the request.
I limit  the number of simultaneous connection of the same client with
freeradius (simultaneous-use =1),
and when the bug occurs, the client is authenticated against the radius,
but can't passed the wifidog firewall.
It's difficult to provide the exact message, as i can see it only in
debug mode, and i can't let the wifidog daemon in debug mode.
I presume that this bug is responsive of the "Access Denied" of the auth
portal.

Anyone can provide help on this?

Regards.