[isf-wifidog] AuthPuppy is in alpha

Genevieve Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Mer 21 Juil 15:01:50 EDT 2010

Hello,

I presented a few months ago on this list the new generation of
authentication server we were working on: AuthPuppy.  It is now in
alpha.  See http://authpuppy.org for more info.

So far, we have implemented the basic features needed to run a wireless
community like ours at île sans fil: username/password authentication,
statistics, abuse control policies, external portal page redirection.
Additional features can be easily implemented by plugins and will be as
feature requests come in.

It needs no change at all to the gateways.  There is also a plugin to
import data for nodes and users from an existing wifidog database.

We're continuing development and plan a full release by the end of the
summer.

Geneviève Bastien