[isf-wifidog] Short DHCP lease times

Steve Congrave steve at congrave.com
Jeu 28 Jan 21:13:31 EST 2010

I read this

http://www.ilesansfil.org/wiki/doc/gateway/Configuration

We have been running a very short DHCP lease time of 5 minutes but have been
having problems with the lease not always getting renewed and clients ending
up with no connection.

Is this something that is still an issue - does the Wifidog still disconnect
clients for no traffic and why did it do that? What was the rationale?

Our experience is that clients can sit for 10 or 15 minutes writing emails
or reading web pages and not generating any IP traffic so the very short
lease time appears to be a problem for us. What are the implications in
extending it to maybe an hour?

Thanks

Steve

Repondez en Anglais s'il vous plait ;)