[isf-wifidog] IPtables issues

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Ven 22 Jan 08:27:42 EST 2010

Steve Congrave a écrit :
> The problem occurs on multiple routers at random times.
>
> The DNS is always the IP of the router - and opening the web browser to a
> URL that has a static route in the firewall works (as configured in
> wifidog.conf) even when the firewall blocks access.
>
> Unfortunately the OpenWRT group is not well supported with answers -
> problems yes, but not many answers ;)
>
> Steve

Hi,

Tell me if i understand well:

you say, that the rules configured in the "FirewallRuleSet global"
section, are always working.
And the rules configured in the "FirewallRuleSet known-users", aren't
working anymore in
a period of 1 to 5 hours after the authentification?
So, your clients aren't authenticated anymore, but they aren't
redirected to the authentication portal page.

You must check the logs:
start the wifidog with "wifidog -f -d 7" in console,
or pass the "-d" options in the /etc/init.d/wifidog in the OPTIONS path.
What say a "wdctl status" when the clients are denied?