[isf-wifidog] IPTables locking up with OpenWRT - another distro?

Aaron Z aaronz at pls-net.org
Lun 1 Fév 11:09:06 EST 2010

What we found was that the DNS alias (such as new_address.pls-net.org) that pointed to the server address (ie: old_address.pls-net.org) would stop resolving.
The alias address would not resolve when we tried to ping to new_address.pls-net.org, but pinging to the IP address or old_address.pls-net.org worked fine. Restarting fixed this and it lets the update script run every night at midnight, so this setup works fine for us.
As for addresses, we now have a record for new_address.pls-net.org (rather than an alias) and we have decommissioned the server that was on old_address.pls-net.org (it was a old Gentoo box that hadn't been updated because there was so many things running on it which had been kludged on over the years that we didn't want to risk updates breaking something).

Aaron Z