[isf-wifidog] IPTables locking up with OpenWRT - another distro?

Aaron Z aaronz at pls-net.org
Lun 1 Fév 09:29:43 EST 2010

Can you upgrade to the current version of OpenWRT (8.09.x) or is that not possible?
We recently rolled out 40ish WAPS running OpenWRT 8.09 and WiFiDog (with a custom WiFiDog backend) on WRT54GL hardware and are very happy with them. We have them in libraries and use WiFiDog for the public network (authentication against our patron database and access control only) and a WPA2 encrypted network for staff use.
We do a nightly reboot (to force them to check for updates and because of some DNS oddities that seem to crop up after the WAP has been running for a few days) but we are very happy with it. I personally find OpenWRT easier to work with than DD-Wrt, but that is probably just be a personal preference.

Aaron Z