[isf-wifidog] Coova + WifiDog - Need no internet page

Jason Potter jason at hugedigital.com
Mer 4 Aou 10:06:32 EDT 2010

Hi Geneviève,

Am I correct in saying that when a connected authenticated client makes a
request to a web page a dns lookup occurs, and the gateway through ip tables
could "catch" the request and redirect to the packets to the internal web
server of the gateway?

But in the case of a client that has a cached DNS entry, the web browser
tries to go to the ip directly, could this also be "caught".

In the case of the DNS "catch" would you have to actually return a DNS
response to the browser or could you just redirect?

Look forward to your response.

Regards
Jason