[isf-wifidog] Wifidog for real HEAVY usage

Genevieve Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Ven 25 Sep 19:15:41 EDT 2009

Menil Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Genevieve Bastien a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Ile sans fil is thinking of offering wireless internet access at
>> conferences and conventions where there can be as much as thousands of
>> people wanting to connect.
>>
>> Does anyone have experience with that kind of (wifidog) setting, with
>> heavy load usage?  We'd like to hear about it.  What kind of
>> configuration did you use?  Small router gateway or routing PC?  How did
>> wifidog do?  What were the problems encountered? etc
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> Hi,
>
> at university, i have a server with 7 wifidog gateway daemon with 150
> - 200 users on each.
> My biggest problem is the performance due to the complexity of the
> auth server.
> When one user want tio log, it's do multiple sql request and other...
> Imagine when hundred of client want to connect ...

Jean-Philippe...

I'd like to know more about your setting.  Do your gateway daemons run
on the auth server itself (with possibly 7 wireless cards)  Where are
your access points and what kind of hardware do you use for that?  I'm
curious to know if 200 users per gateway can be reached without
enterprise grade hardware.

Thanks

--
Geneviève Bastien