[isf-wifidog] Wifidog for real HEAVY usage

Richard Lussier richard.lussier at gmail.com
Ven 25 Sep 00:01:23 EDT 2009

Hi,
Well first you need to think of  serving 1000 people with any system
(wired for example...)
That is a lot and require enterprise class network, specially with power
users...
Then you have to accept the fact that in wireless, a regular access
point will accept no more than 30-50 users comfortably....
Even the powerfull ones that WISP uses will accept no more than 100
(e.g. Ubiquiti Rocket M (n mimo 2x2 with Airmax) and mimo 2x2 clients
with Airmax, which is impossible.
The router will scale to the lowest level of  802.11 used, normally "b"
at 11Mbps which make 5.5Mbps full duplex  to share among users (30 to 50)
So, no a easy , or even possible thing to achieve...?
Richard Lussier