[isf-wifidog] radius-http proxy

wlanmac wlan at mac.com
Lun 19 Oct 02:58:19 EDT 2009

Hello,

As an update, I wanted to share with you some new features soon to be
added to CoovaChilli, which may be of interest to your community. Work
has been commissioned to offer a web-only based option to chilli -
allowing it to work, not only with it's standard RADIUS-centric methods,
but to have an optional "HTTP AAA protocol". Of course, that sounds a
lot like WiFiDog, so we've decided to try and be as compatible as
possible.

What we've done is created a little  server that becomes a RADIUS server
on the localhost running chilli. This server (using libcurl "multi"
interface and a single process) translates the RADIUS requests into HTTP
requests, waiting for the responses. The chilli_proxy is already in our
subversion and the protocol is being documented here:

	http://www.coova.org/CoovaChilli/Proxy

With chilli becoming more firmly embedded in projects like
open-mesh.com, I hope this solution will give your community more
options in terms of hardware and meshing through such vendors.

Best regards,
David