[isf-wifidog] How to set Heavy users?

Genevieve Bastien gbastien at versatic.net
Mer 25 Nov 09:54:09 EST 2009

Arya,

To be able to set users as heavy users, you must first create a role of
type Node and give it the permission
NODE_PERM_BYPASS_DYNAMIC_ABUSE_CONTROL.  You do this in the server
administration section.
Once this role is created you can give some users this role in you
node's access right.

Arya Mazaheri wrote:
> Hi,
> As I was reading the list, one thing you have mentioned was: to allow
> people to share data over the home network,
But that just allows users to transfer more data than they are allowed
to.  It does not give them any access to the home network (they should
already have it).
And this role also bypasses abuse control for the internet, so the users
can transfer as much as they want on the internet as well.   The ideal
solution would be to whitelist a domain from/to which the traffic should
not be counted, but I'm not aware that this is possible.

--
Geneviève Bastien