[isf-wifidog] patent on browser hijacking?

wlanmac wlan at mac.com
Ven 29 Mai 10:03:46 EDT 2009

My suspicion is that DOCOMO went after them, not so much because of the
browser hijacking, but because of their PMS (property management system)
integration -- which has long been the Nomadix advantage in the market,
and InterTouch focuses on the hospitality market. Yet, it's curious that
the hijacking ("home-page redirection") seems to be part of the patent
violation ruling.

If you go back to the WISPr "best practices", which the then CTO of
Nomadix (who is now deceased) co-wrote, it coins the term "Universal
Access Method" and describes exactly the user experience of a browser
hijacking. Why would Nomadix do that when it has a patent it wants to
protect? Odd.

David