[isf-wifidog] [AllianceCSF] postgresql vs mysql, get into the flamebait

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Mer 27 Mai 12:22:54 EDT 2009

Michael Lenczner a écrit :
> Even if this doesn't become the place to develop those tools, I hope
> that you'll remain on the list to help as resources (to answer
> questions like the one I just asked in another email).  And please do
> let us know if you do start any development efforts elsewhere.

I always contributed on a personal basis, not representing anyone, based
on my experience, without any bias or interest towards one or another
solution. In fact, I don't care about which solution or architecture
will be chosen.

However, as involved in ZapQuebec, I've seen the good and bad of current
wifidog (I'm just stating facts, it is a great open-source project) and
have been thinking since many months about how to improve the overall
solution. I still think that a RADIUS-based architecture will be better
and beneficial to the community. I might be wrong, as anybody else. And
a RADIUS-based architecture is not a panacee, it is not wonderful, it is
not without issues. I just think a RADIUS-based architecture is a better
base for all (and more) reasons I wrote before.

I don't agree with some opinions that Benoît brought into his long
email, which btw was instructive. I also agree with some opinions he put
in his email. But I'm not sure I want to spend time (mine and all
others) on debating on something which I just learned is already decided
and to debate with the initial author of wifidog. And I don't want my
personal opinions to become something that might slowdown the project.

lets move on to discuss wifidog v2 with the current architecture.

Marc.

=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca