[isf-wifidog] [AllianceCSF] postgresql vs mysql, get into the flamebait

wlanmac wlan at mac.com
Mar 26 Mai 12:13:11 EDT 2009

The question becomes, where should it be optional?

Optional in the way it is now where it is used by the portal to be
compatible on the roaming side,

AP/WiFiDog ---> <wifidog protocol> ---> WiFiDog Portal ---> RADIUS

or optional for access provisioning to the router, for device / access
controller compatibility?

AP/NAS ---> <RADIUS> ---> <something?> ---> WiFiDog Portal

(Note: "NAS" for Network Access Server is a more generic term for access
controller in RADIUS documentation).

A concept I have been thinking of would be something along the lines of
what Marc suggested. A proxy to map the AAA features of a NAS with the
WiFiDog HTTP protocol.

Such that you might have:

AP/NAS/Proxy ---> <wifidog> ---> WiFiDog Portal (to support old-school
sites)

AP/NAS ---> <RADIUS> ---> Proxy/WiFiDog Portal (to support standard
access controllers)

AP/NAS ---> <RADIUS> ---> <FreeRADIUS/SuperProxy> ---> Multiple WiFiDog
Portals based on Realm (the future)

It's just an idea... but, could be a way of achieving the best of all
worlds, RADIUS-wise.

David