[isf-wifidog] [AllianceCSF] postgresql vs mysql, get into the flamebait

Sylvain Carle scarle at praizedmedia.com
Lun 25 Mai 16:40:36 EDT 2009

> Once again, the idea of a database abstraction was brought back to the
> discussion by Jimmy Godbout. Sylvain Carle finally pointed out that
> the deadline for a 2.0 release, which is due in September, makes that
> project unrealistic unless some people (organizations) can put some
> substantial efforts into it.

Just to clarify: I said we would not commit to it for 2.0, if someone
wants to work on a branch with mysql to be brought back to the trunk
post 2.0 I am ok with that.

I will also take a look at what Andrew Hodel added in another thread on
wifidog about his complete rewrite of the auth server using the v1
specs, looks interesting.

--
Sylvain Carle
www.afroginthevalley.com