[isf-wifidog] Clients can't get the login page

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Lun 30 Mar 14:59:24 EDT 2009

Henrique Gomes - Gerinf - UEG a écrit :
> Man, i am having some troubles too! I dont have documentation about
> wifidog configs.
> Do you have some?
>
> 2009/3/30 Hossein Rafighi <Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca
> <mailto:Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca>>
>
>     Thanks for the reply. dhcp is fine and giving out IPs no problem.
>     I have to manually go to 192.168.1.1 the sign in page on the LAN
>     interface. My understanding is that clients would get redirected to this
>     page automatically when they connect! I set "Network's web site" to
>     192.168.1.1 for Network ID. Is there any other parameter anywhere else
>     that needs to be set for the automatic redirection to work?
>
>     Thanks for any advise,
>     Hossein
>
>     Henrique Gomes - Gerinf - UEG wrote:
>      > Look your DHCP, are you using Debian? check the file
>     /etc/default/dhcp
>      >
>      > 2009/3/29 Hossein Rafighi <Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca
>     <mailto:Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca>
>      > <mailto:Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca
>     <mailto:Hossein.Rafighi at triumf.ca>>>
>      >
>      >     Is there a reason for clients not to see the login page on LAN
>      >     interface? My WAN (eth0) is directly connected to Internet.
>     My LAN
>      >     (eth1) is connected to a repeater. When I connect my laptop
>     to another
>      >     port on the repeater and start a web browser I don't get
>     redirected to
>      >     login page? WAN is fine. I can login create network add
>     nodes, users,
>      >     and ... but clients can't see the login page.
>      >
>      >     Any ideas?
>      >
>      >     _______________________________________________
>      >     WiFiDog mailing list
>      >     WiFiDog at listes.ilesansfil.org
>     <mailto:WiFiDog at listes.ilesansfil.org>
>     <mailto:WiFiDog at listes.ilesansfil.org
>     <mailto:WiFiDog at listes.ilesansfil.org>>
>      >
>      >
>      >

>     --
>      _____  _____   _____  _   _  _   _  ____ Hossein Rafighi
>      |_   _||  _  \ |_   _|| | | || \_/ ||  __|TRIUMF, 4004 Wesbrook Mall
>       | |  | |_|  )  | |  | | | ||     || |__ Vancouver BC, Canada, V6T 2A3
>       | |  |  _  /   | |  | \_/ || \_/ ||  __|Voice: (604) 222-1047
>       | |  | | \ \  _| |_ |     || | | || |   Fax:   (604) 222-1074
>       |_|  |_|  \_\|_____| \___/ |_| |_||_|   Website: http://www.triumf.ca

Hi,

all the doc is available on the site:
http://dev.wifidog.org

Like i've said before, you must check your iptables rules, and your
network config.

If i understand correctly, your auth server is on the same pc that the
wifidog gateway. Are you routes correct?

Give the entire result of:
ifconfig
netstat -nrv
iptables -nvL