[isf-wifidog] login problem 'uncaught exception..."

Michael Way michael.j.way at gmail.com
Sam 28 Mar 16:55:51 EDT 2009

no special characters. in the end i wiped the database (rm -rf
/var/lib/pgsql/data)
re-initialized, etc. then did the http://yourwebserver/install.php from
scratch.
the only difference this time is that when i went to create my first network
i modified
the existing "default network". last time i created a new one.

however, in both cases when i edit my newly created/modified network
under "Content" to the right of "portal" "main_area_middle" "1"
I see in yellow print "Sorry, no elligible content available in the
database"
the line below this has "TrivialLangstring" "Add" in normal black type.
I'm not sure if this is related, but I couldn't find much information about
this yellow
sorry of error warning.

in fact i had a working auth server with 2 gateways for some time, but the
auth
server appeared to stop working. i couldn't figure out why, so i decided i
would
use a newer machine for my auth server. unfortunately the problem
persists... i cannot
get the auth server to do any authentication for my clients. the pc client
connected
to my gateway wireless access point (running openwrt) can see the access
point just
fine meaning that i can issue http://192.168.0.1:2060/wifidog/status
and it returns correctly with the Version: 1.1.4, Internet Connectivity:
yes, Auth server
reachable: yes, Client served this session: 0, 0 clients connected.
authentication servers: 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1).
but if i try the link on this page "WiFiDog's homepage" my browser says
"looking up www.wifidog.org" and eventually fails.

I can ping the access point from my auth server (to which it is plugged in
via
the eth1 interface on the auth server) and vice versa.

i even allowed my pc client to ssh into the gateway and it works. i can then
ssh
into the auth server from the gateway. i can also ssh into the gateway from
the auth server.

however, the auth server NEVER sees any attempted traffic from my pc client.
all that
the auth server http access_log shows is the ping:
192.168.1.4 - - [28/Mar...] "GET /ping/?gw_id=GGG6868&sys_uptime... "WiFiDog
1.1.4"

the network appears to be set up just fine and the gateway "node" is also
set up, but
for the life of me i cannot figure out what is going on. i think it's an
issue with my gateway,
but again after mucking around with my /etc/wifidog.conf no changes seem to
help.

i hope someone can help... my auth server is running FC10 fully patched.
gateway
is a WRT-54L running openwrt with wifidog version 1.1.4.

thanks!
mike