[isf-wifidog] Wifidog - Important load

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Lun 23 Mar 14:06:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I encounter several problem with wifidog auth-server and wifidog client.

If i install apache with apache2-mpm-prefork, the server go down in few
minutes.
All the ram available disapear when users connect, and the server crash.
I've 4gb Ram.
It's work when i install fast-cgi, i've tried cherokee web server.
It's work better than the default configuration with apache, but it's
not optimal, i'm constrain
to install and configure php5-xcache.

I've aproximatively 1000 users connected on this server, and i'm reload
web server and postgres
too many times.

By the way, i try to tunned (tunning) the postgres configuration, but
it's very difficult.

Sometimes, users connect on the login page, but they are redirected on
the same page.
I can see them authenticated on the freeradius, but they are always
redirected on the login page,
and at top (left), they see "I'm connected".
Anyone know what's wrong?

By the way, sometimes, i see many "modprobe" process, it's like that
wifidog can't find
the good iptables to destroy?

So, if anyone have some tips and tricks to help me, it's would be great.

Thanks at all.

Menil Jean-Philippe
DSI de l'Université de Nantes.