[isf-wifidog] Max User Setting

Menil Jean-Philippe Jean-Philippe.Menil at univ-nantes.fr
Jeu 19 Mar 12:12:14 EDT 2009

Andrew Hodel a écrit :
> I assume you are talking about HTTPDMaxConn
>
> If so, that's the maximum number of open sockets for one wifidog
> instance.  Not the maximum number of users by any means.
>
> I have that option set to default and nodes with 20+ users online at once.
>
> There shouldn't be anything you need to change on the auth server, we
> routinely have 300+ users online at once with the auth server and
> default settings for the most part.  Server load never goes above 1.0,
> no concern at all with a dual proc machine:
>

> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 4
> model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
> stepping        : 9
> cpu MHz         : 2792.939
> cache size      : 1024 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 1
> apicid          : 0
> initial apicid  : 0
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 3
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
> lm constant_tsc pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
> bogomips        : 5585.87
> clflush size    : 64
> power management:
>
> processor       : 1
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 15
> model           : 4
> model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
> stepping        : 9
> cpu MHz         : 2792.939
> cache size      : 1024 KB
> physical id     : 0
> siblings        : 2
> core id         : 0
> cpu cores       : 1
> apicid          : 1
> initial apicid  : 1
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 3
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
> mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
> lm constant_tsc pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
> bogomips        : 5586.01
> clflush size    : 64
> power management:
>

> Regards,
> Andrew Hodel
>

> 2009/3/19 Thad West <thadwest at gmail.com>:
>> Hello!

> [...]
Hi,

By the way, i'm currently annoyed by load average on a wifidog server.

There are approximatively 1000 users on 7 differents node.
I'm fighting with apache and postgres to make the server not load to
high, without success presently.

Have you some tips, for adjusting the maximum numbres of threads
regarding apache or wifidog and postgres?

Many thanks

--
Menil Jean-Philippe
DSI de l'Université de Nantes