[isf-wifidog] Max User Setting

Andrew Hodel andrewhodel at gmail.com
Jeu 19 Mar 11:04:10 EDT 2009

I assume you are talking about HTTPDMaxConn

If so, that's the maximum number of open sockets for one wifidog
instance.  Not the maximum number of users by any means.

I have that option set to default and nodes with 20+ users online at once.

There shouldn't be anything you need to change on the auth server, we
routinely have 300+ users online at once with the auth server and
default settings for the most part.  Server load never goes above 1.0,
no concern at all with a dual proc machine:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 2792.939
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 3
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
lm constant_tsc pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5585.87
clflush size    : 64
power management:

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 2792.939
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 1
initial apicid  : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 3
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx
lm constant_tsc pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl cid cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 5586.01
clflush size    : 64
power management:

Regards,