[isf-wifidog] Fwd: Re: Lot WiFiDog, Vol 50, Help request 'Wifidog Auth Server install & IRC communication'

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Mer 11 Mar 09:37:37 EDT 2009

Subject: Re: [isf-wifidog] Lot WiFiDog, Vol 50, Help request 'Wifidog Auth
Server install & IRC communication'
Date: March 11, 2009
From: David Vanderzwart <david.vanderzwart at gmail.com>
To: benoit.gregoire at savoirfairelinux.com

Hey Benoit,

Thanks for letting me know it is ok to ask questions via the mailing list, I
did not quite understand how it can be more time consuming. But will look
further into IRC, with your newly included information. ;~D

I struggled to wrap my head around the error I was receiving when trying to
build Wifidog. I overcame the issue, once I identified the problem.

I did not realise that on the 4th Install page, that you can edit the
information on the page. So I rebuilt the build again and in-putted the
postgres account password for both the postgres account and the 4th install
page of Wifidog. So I now understand the 4th page inputs the postgres
account password to wifidog, which allows for communication between Wifidog
and the postgres server.

Thanks, I am pleased to know how to ask for help for Wifidog.

David

2009/3/9 Benoit Grégoire <benoitg at coeus.ca>

> > Q2
> > Auth Server install, I have the same issue as
> > http://dev.wifidog.org/ticket/477<
> http://dev.wifidog.org/query?component=Au
>

>th+server%2C+Install+script&verbose=1&milestone=Not+yet+assigned+to+a+Milest
> >one>
> >
> > I am running a headless Ubuntu 8.10 Server, and rebuilt from scratch on
> 2nd
> > of March. The previous build I inputted a unique password for the
> postgrep
> > account, I thought rebuilding with no password would fix the issue. It
> > didn't...
> >
> > Page four install.php Postgrep Error:
> > *Warning*: pg_connect()
> > [function.pg-connect<http://192.168.1.123/function.pg-connect>]:
> > Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: password authentication
> > failed for user "wifidog" in */var/www/wifidog-auth/wifidog/install.php*
> on
> > line *550*
> >
> > I have completed:
> >
> > sudo su - postgres
> > createuser wifidog --pwprompt
> > &
> > createdb wifidog --encoding=UTF-8 --owner=wifidog
> >
> > With the following information:
> > *Enter password for new role: NOPASSWORD
> > Enter it again: NOPASSWORD
>

> Do you mean that you didn't supply a password? If so, that is your problem.
>

> > I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction
> > please? If I have ommitted any information, please let me know.
>

> --
> Benoit Grégoire

Benoit Grégoire