[isf-wifidog] Lot WiFiDog, Vol 50, Help request 'Wifidog Auth Server install & IRC communication'

David Vanderzwart david.vanderzwart at gmail.com
Lun 2 Mar 09:44:38 EST 2009

Wifidog Auth Server install & IRC communication.

Q1
I appreciate best practices stipulate to utilise the IRC chat for
assistance. I do not know how to connect to the wifidog IRC server?
The simple IRC query first. I have an irc nickname, and am running pidgin. I
do not know what server to point at? *irc.freenode.net#wifidog* ?

Q2
Auth Server install, I have the same issue as
http://dev.wifidog.org/ticket/477<http://dev.wifidog.org/query?component=Auth+server%2C+Install+script&verbose=1&milestone=Not+yet+assigned+to+a+Milestone>

I am running a headless Ubuntu 8.10 Server, and rebuilt from scratch on 2nd
of March.  The previous build I inputted a unique password for the postgrep
account, I thought rebuilding with no password would fix the issue. It
didn't...

Page four install.php Postgrep Error:
*Warning*: pg_connect()
[function.pg-connect<http://192.168.1.123/function.pg-connect>]:
Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: password authentication
failed for user "wifidog" in */var/www/wifidog-auth/wifidog/install.php* on
line *550*

I have completed:

sudo su - postgres
createuser wifidog --pwprompt
&
createdb wifidog --encoding=UTF-8 --owner=wifidog

With the following information:
*Enter password for new role: NOPASSWORD
Enter it again: NOPASSWORD
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create databases? (y/n) n
Shall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? (y/n) n*

I am able to log onto the postgres DB using the wifidog account using:* sudo
su - postgres*

I have full write access to all folders (all Green and YES).

I recently have wondered, as I am not running the Firefox install.php
locally I may have a permissions issue? I am considering setting up XServer
to use Firefox over SSH.

I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction
please? If I have ommitted any information, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Plus46/ David