[isf-wifidog] ping OK, but no login (DDWRT)

pslists pslists at gmail.com
Mer 24 Juin 09:28:33 EDT 2009

pslists wrote:
> I am trying to configure WiFiDog on my WRT54G 1.1 running DD-WRT
> v24-sp2 (01/01/09) std - build 11296M NEWD Eko.
>
> Before enabling WiFiDog, wireless clients can access the internet, but
> once it is enabled they timeout. They can access the WiFiDog status
> page on port 2060.
>
> WiFiDog is connected to the authorisation server and the Internet, and
> I can see the pings in the server log, but there are no login requests
> in the log.
>
> The network configuration is an ADSL router providing a NATted subnet
> 192.168.0.0/24 to which is connected the WAN port of the WRT54G with
> address 192.168.0.2. The WRT54G is running as a gateway and NATting to
> subnet 192.168.5.0/24 and its own address is 192.168.5.2. The
> authorisation server is a Synology DS207+ NAS server with address
> 192.168.0.16 which is running Apache/PHP and is also the  DNS server.
>
> As the Synology doesn't have PostgreSQL, I have started by using
> wifidog-auth-lite, and will build my simple requirements on that and
> using MySQL. As I said the ping is working and accepted by the WiFiDog
> gateway, but no login requests are forwarded.
>
> Could someone, please, point me to the error of my ways?
>
> Pete
Sorry for the reply to my own post. I resolved this by adding a firewall
rule to wifidog.conf to permit access to the authorisation web server
without being logged on.

Pete

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4183 (20090624) __________

http://www.eset.com