[isf-wifidog] performance and cache_lite

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Mar 16 Juin 18:03:21 EDT 2009

> So, I have two questions:
> 1) Does wifidog require a way more powerful box than I'm trying to run it
> on?

No, not with the amount of nodes and users you have.

> (If not, what could be causing this instability we're experiencing?)

Most likely the memory you have allocated to postgres and apache exceed the
amount of RAM you actually have available.  Your server should never have to
go into swap.

Unfortunately, the default configurations aren't always well adapted to busy
servers, especially with limited RAM.  But without your apache.conf, and
postgresql.conf, and without knowing if your server is doing anything else,
it's hard to formulate specific recommendations.

> 2) What am I missing with the Cache_Lite setup?

The Cache_Lite code in wifidog never made it out of experimental (and is
unlikely to make it).

--
Benoit Grégoire