[isf-wifidog] Dynamic Abuse Control

Dave Lamb delphi9_1971 at yahoo.com
Mer 29 Juil 13:13:02 EDT 2009

I would just like to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly, so please correct me if I'm wrong:

If I set the Abuse Control window to "1 Day"
and I set the Network Max Connection Duration to "24:00:00"

After 24 hours the user account should be disconnected, but the user should be able to log back in right away, correct?

Basically, I see that I haven't had this setup, so any account that got logged in, stayed logged in in the "Connected Users" page.  I'd like to disconnect those so that accounts time out, and I'd like to force uses to sign back in after 24 hours to ensure that a Live user is connected.  But I don't want them to have any downtime.  Am I going about this correctly?

Basically, I'd like it to work like at a hotel. Users signs up for 24 hours of service, and at the end of 24 hours they're asked to sign in again.

Thanks!

Dave Lamb, CCNA
312-560-6933 C