[isf-wifidog] Block Mac Addresses

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Jeu 23 Juil 17:29:18 EDT 2009

On July 23, 2009, Ian Gough wrote:
> > Correct
>
> Is the "see through account change" functionality new (within the last
> 9 months)? Our experience is that users can work around dynamic
> abuse control by creating new accounts.

It's been designed in from the start.  And it was tested to work at one point.

Whether there were bugs in the initial release subsequently fixed, or there
currently is a bug I do not know.

Have you tried putting in the abuse control UI on the portal page?  If so,
when you login with a new user (but same MAC address as your main user
regularly use), is your traffic displayed close to 0?

--
Benoit Grégoire