[isf-wifidog] Find Hotspots menu on login page

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Jeu 23 Juil 17:24:54 EDT 2009

On July 23, 2009, Dave Lamb wrote:
> New question:  How can I control what shows up on the "Find Hotspots" menu
> on the login page.  Currently I have the following listed:
>
> Deployed Hotspot Map
> Full Node Technical Status (Includes non-deployed nodes)
> List in HTML Format
> List in JiWireCSV Format
> List in KML Format
> List in PDF Format
> List in RSS Format
> List in XML Format
>
> I would like to (if possible) reduce this down to:
>
> For anyone connecting to the Portal from the Gateway
> Deployed Hotspot Map
>
> And For anyone connecting to the Auth Server from a network other than the
> Gateway: Deployed Hotspot Map
> Full Node Technical Status (Includes non-deployed Nodes)
>
> How to I manage what is displayed on this menu?  How can I remove the
> unwanted options?

Humm, that menu isn't really hooked into the permission system (and even if
they were, until there is a "everyone" and "logged in" special role, it
wouldn't be very useful for what you want.

However

All menu items are designed to be CSS-targettable.  So you can put a static
stylesheet in your theme, which would allow you to hide the the unwanted items
for everyone.

You could indirectly hide the "Full Node Technical Status (Includes non-
deployed Nodes)" by creating a Stylesheet content type in the content manager,
and then linking it twice in Network administration, to make it display on
every portal and every login.

It would however still show if someone navigates anywhere else on your auth
server.

--
Benoit Grégoire