[isf-wifidog] wifidog setup

Bobby Myers diaboy at gmail.com
Sam 28 Fév 15:05:58 EST 2009

I'm trying to get a captive portal solution working but not having much
luck. I have an smoothwall with wifidog 1.1.4 installed, configured and
running on the purple interface(192.168.14.2). My auth server is ubuntu
8.10. When wifidog is stopped i get dhcp and internet access through the
purple interface. when wifidog is started i get a DHCP address and when i
open a browser i get redirected to the wifidog login page. I created a user
and get successfully logged into the node but i never get internet access.
every page i attempt to go to just takes me back to the login page even
though it says i'm logged in. if i go to
http://192.168.14.2:2060/wifidog/status while i'm connected I see that i
have one client connected. what am i doing wrong?

Other Info:
when i start wifidog on the smoothwall:
#./wifidog start
Starting Wifidog ...
Testing for iptables modules
Testing ipt_mac
ipt_mac module is working
Testing ipt_mark
iptables is not working with ipt_mark
Scanning disk for ipt_mark module
ipt_mark module exists, trying to load
insmod: can't read 'ipt_mark': No such file or directory
Error: ipt_mark not loaded
OK

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Is that normal?

Bobby Myers