[isf-wifidog] Wifidog on the road to v2.0: a call to contributions

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Ven 28 Aou 16:42:19 EDT 2009

Genevieve Bastien a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> This email is to officially confirm what has been announced and discussed before.  The wifidog team is increasing its development effort.  There will be a lot happening in this list in the upcoming
> weeks and months.  We are still working on the roadmap to v2.0, but there will probably be a new release every month or so until then.
>
> Of course, everyone is welcome to contribute.  Some people may already have made modifications on the code to answer their specific needs or fix a bug.  If so, you are invited to share your code.  Your patches will be reviewed and, if acceptable, integrated into the next releases.
>
> A summary of the discussion around what will be in v2 can be found here: http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/TNG
>
> The main development tool remains the trac on the website (http://dev.wifidog.org).  Please read http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/Contribute for information on how you can help the development effort.
>
> Thank you,

Hi,

it's good to hear news about v2!

For my part, i'm testing the implementation of shibboleth
(http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/). It's work as expected with the "lazy
sessions", so i can authenticate user from the federation and users with
the local wifidog authentication (radius at this the moment).
For the moment, it's more an "hack", than an authenticate plugin; i'm
not php developper, and my code is a bit ugly.
My next step, is to implement the concept of group, to have different
iptables rules for these group. This should not be too difficult.
In the future, i must look on the code of libhttpd,and  ipv6 implementation.

If you want, i can produce debian/ubuntu package for 32 and 64 bits.
Plus, doc for radius configuration (with ldap), and shibboleth.

Regards.

--
Menil Jean-Philippe
Dsi de l'Université de Nantes