[isf-wifidog] Lot WiFiDog, Vol 55, Parution 12

mackay mackay at otenet.gr
Mer 19 Aou 06:21:15 EDT 2009

Thanks Dave,

I had a look at the Networks table and that looks fine to me.

So I did a db dump (pg_dump -U postgres -b -o -v -f ./dump.dump wifidog)
and have uploaded the dump file here http://auth.corfunet.com/dump.dump

But a dump of the users, network_stakeholders, server_stakeholders,
networks, nodes, roles, server and virtual_hosts tables I have appended it
to http://auth.corfunet.com/install.txt

To be honest I cannot find/see anything wrong with the tables.

I did a swap of the user_id in the network_stakeholders, and
server_stakeholders with the guest account's user_id to elevate his
privaliges and was able to log in.
This suggests to me that something is or went wrong with the user_id for the
admin account.

... hmmm could it be that I ticked the 'Make this Virtual Host the server's
default' in the Virtual host managment window when I added my new virtual
host.
(following the tutorial at
http://dev.wifidog.org/wiki/doc/admin/GettingStarted and ticking the 'Make
this Virtual Host the server's default' near the end)
This would change the "localhost" virtual host not to be the default? but
this would imply the admin account is liked in some way to the
default-network authenticator.

i.e. the login process is is based on username, password and default server
and not the username / password.

Any ideas.

Kind regards
Stephen Mackay