[isf-wifidog] Lot WiFiDog, Vol 55, Parution 11

Dave Lamb delphi9_1971 at yahoo.com
Mar 18 Aou 15:12:34 EDT 2009

Stephan,

When I had that problem, I was on the page where you can edit the network.  I navigated away from that screen (without hitting save) and all that I can surmise that happened is some how the value of the "Authenticator Parameter" field was cleared and that change was saved.  Essentially what happens is your network no longer knows where to send authentication requests.  I found this by going in to PostgreSQL and doing a select statement on the Network table to reveiw the parameters.  I found this field to be empty when it shouldn't have been.  I then issued an update sql statement to replace that value with the correct value.  Since I'm using local authentication and I'm using the original "default-network", "default-network" was the value I had to replace.  If you're not using the default network, then you need to enter the network ID or LDAP parameters if you're authenticating to LDAP.  That will be specific to your implementation.

 Dave Lamb, CCNA, Network+
312-560-6933 C