[isf-wifidog] Traffic shaping, blocking

Benoit Grégoire benoitg at coeus.ca
Lun 10 Aou 16:57:49 EDT 2009

On August 10, 2009, Arno Teigseth wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've set up my first wifidog server and it worked at once with my
> Buffalo WHR125G and dd-wrt :)
>
> I tried to do some basic traffic shaping recently, set the window to one
> minute (00:01:00) and transfer caps to 50000 - I suppose that's
> 50000Bytes?
>
> However, it seems nothing happened as to stop my traffic...

If it worked, it would disconnect anyone transferring more than 50k per
minute, which is likely not what you want.

That specific mecanism is for hotspots offering full bandwidth, but wanting to
set limits for people who abuse the service (ex:  1Gib/day or some such)

> Also, it seems FTP traffic works even before logging in, and my SIP
> phone works without logging in. Is the system designed this way?
>
> or maybe I programmed something wrong.

DD-WRT make it horribly hard by striping the comments from the wifidog.conf
file.  For that aspect you are on your own.

--
Benoit Grégoire