[isf-wifidog] WifiDog and DD-WRT setup

Troy Brown tbrown at shawls.lib.il.us
Lun 27 Avr 13:06:19 EDT 2009

Hey,

N00b alert, but I will try to provide as much detail as possible to help
solve this problem.

I am running the DD-WRT v24 sp1 std on some Broadcom based radios and
discovered wifidog through the hotspot interface.  I administer several
libraries' networks in Illinois and we are trying to come up with a free
public wi-fi alternative.  I have the following SVN version of wifidog:

wifidog-auth]# svn info

Repository Root: https://dev.wifidog.org/svn

Repository UUID: 4c0ea164-750a-0410-922a-bd9993033959

Revision: 1390

Node Kind: directory

Schedule: normal

Last Changed Author: networkfusion

Last Changed Rev: 1387

Last Changed Date: 2008-10-13 13:51:39 -0500 (Mon, 13 Oct 2008)

I have a Node created for a test site named: robinson

I'm able to login just fine to the auth server, but it will not allow me
beyond the welcome screen to the Internet after I have logged in.  I'm
hoping I'm just missing something simple, but I've tried several settings
changes on both the auth server and DD-WRT.  Currently DD-WRT is setup like
this:

Gateway ID:  robinson

Web Server Name:  robinson   (I don't really know what this should be)

Port:  2060

Max Users:  10

Check Interval:  60

Client timeout:  5

Trusted MAC list:

AuthServer Hostname:  xxx.xxx.xxx.236

SSL Avail:  Disable

AuthServer HTTP Port: 80

Auth Server Path:  /

Thanks!

Troy Brown

IT Manager

Shawnee Library System

618-985-3711 x2021

 <mailto:tbrown at shawls.lib.il.us> tbrown at shawls.lib.il.us

Shawnee is one of nine multitype Library Systems cooperating to provide
vital services to the citizens of Illinois.