[isf-wifidog] Captive portal self-register

Michael Shekman michaels80 at ci.manchester.ct.us
Lun 20 Avr 11:01:37 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am a newbie on this topic, but Wifidog seems to be a great portal. I was trying to implement it for the free public Internet access  and at first approximation it worked just great.

It just doesn't have a feature (btw, I know of no portal software that does have it) which is quite important to my setup. I need to be able to allow users to self-authenticate via web portal to avoid manual registrations of random users. It should work like a regular online self-registration service: for a new user, portal opens for, say, 10 minutes; user fills out a form and creates a username; the portal send an email with passwd to the user's address entered in the form; users opens his email and logs in using newly created credentials.

I am lacking of any programming skills to create a module like this one myself; anyone of you guys are are aware of any add-ons to Wifidog that can do the job?

Thanks again,

M.S.