[isf-wifidog] Re : Re: Re : Re: WifiDog v2 development update?

Richard Lussier richard.lussier at gmail.com
Sam 4 Avr 12:34:09 EDT 2009

bruno.remy at videotron.ca wrote:
> I'm not a programmer, as Alexis said, but i'would like to share with
> you the mind of every programmers involving around Wifidog's
> development in IleSansFil (Montreal) and ZAP Québec (Quebec city) .
> This sounds like this :
>
> "The time of tracking bugs and/or patch actual Php code is over !
> It's time consuming, and fixing bugs is a too-small step.
> The dynamic has changed :
> Wifidog needs to be rewriting from scratch, with buildt-in or radius
> or openId or ldap authentification, and with CMS content (like
> Wordpress or Drupal).
> The brainstorming is open ! ;-)"
>
> Bruno

Hi list,
I am involved a lot in operations at ISF.
What Bruno says is what I also understant of the situation in our area.
We are convinced that the modular approach is the way to go, so every
need can be covered without imposing it to other.
Also to permit to evolve with more ease.
There are probably (I am not a coder either) lots of things that are
great in what has been made, so let's not throw away the baby with the
tub water (a french expression :-) ).
Sylvain Carle expressed the desire to lead the project among our groups
in Québec area, I would like to ear what he has to say.
Richard