[isf-wifidog] Gateway install

Robin Jones Robin at networkfusion.co.uk
Dim 18 Mai 02:19:21 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am in the middle of installing the gateway(SVN r1348) on Ubuntu 8.04.

I have used SVN Checkout and put the source in /usr/src/ then ran
./autogen > make > make install > ldconfig.

Put the wifidog.config file in /usr/local/etc/ changed the settings and
finally ran "wifidog -f -d 7".

Everything seems to work perfectly except when the auth server is
offline, the client is meant to be redirected to a status page. This is
not happening and I am receiving the following error on the gateway
"Failed to open HTML message file /usr/local/etc/wifidog-msg.html: No
such file or directory.

I have verified this is the case and copied the file from the SRC to
that location, which now shows the page on the client. However, the page
is only displaying the template and not any of (what I would hope) is
the correct information. E.g. where the error message should be it just
shows $(Messaged).

I would come to the conclusion that some files are missing from
/usr/local/etc/, if this is the case, what files should be in there...
and is the latest install script not firing properly?

Thanks

Robin Jones.