[isf-wifidog] Radius usage

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Mer 14 Mai 01:08:57 EDT 2008

> > 	Are there any plans to complete the radius features
> > from Authenticate only (it seems... ) to the full functionality
> > of adding them also? (Not directed at you unless you are a
> > developer, more a general question out to the list again).
> >

> WD uses RADIUS as a way to integrate with existing userbases that are
> RADIUS enabled. It is not a RADIUS management system, nor is it
> integrated with access provisioning. It does do more than
> "Authenticate only" in that it provides accounting. If you are
> looking for RADIUS provisioning of the access controller or a RADIUS
> management system, you are looking in the wrong place.

	I haven't finished looking at things. I did see where it
did do Accounting records, but I hadn't finished by the time I
wrote the email. My appologies for not mentioning that also. I
haven't seen where/how it gets called yet (Other things interrupted
me).

	I am not looking for a Management package. I thought since
they are targeting the "Sign yourself up, get X minutes of time
to verify you got the email, go for browsing" that they would have
added the ability for this to happen via Radius. I didn't realize you
would need to have a different page greeting the users if you ended
up using Radius. I would have expected minimally for them to insert
into radcheck (FreeRadius) the userid/User-Password/:=/PASSWORDHERE
row.

		Thanks, Tuc