[isf-wifidog] Wifidog Process Hangs

Nick Powers nickpowers at trentu.ca
Lun 5 Mai 10:37:19 EDT 2008

Thanks Matt,

  I confirmed in my posgresql.conf file that autovacuum is on. Thanks
for the tip on Webmin, I may give that a try.

  The process hung again this morning and in response to Wichert's
suggestions I ran strace on the hung process and this is what I got:

#strace -p 15483 -f
Process 15579 attached with 4 threads - interrupt to quit
[pid 15483] futex(0xb7eec0d0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL <unfinished ...>
[pid 15577] futex(0xb7eec0d0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL <unfinished ...>
[pid 15578] accept(5,  <unfinished ...>
[pid 15579] futex(0xb7eec0d0, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL <unfinished ...>

 Does this mean anything to anyone? I've never used strace before, what
options should I use?

Thanks

Nick

>>> mtavenor at nlpl.ca 05/05/2008 9:49 am >>>
Nick,

I had this same problem on both Fedora 8 and Ubuntu 8.04 setups. The
only
thing that seemed to fix the problem (5 days now without it happening)
was
to setup Postgresql 8.3.1 to turn on the autovacuum subprocess.  It's
located in the postgresql.conf in the "Autovacuum Parameters" section.

As for monitoring the service, I use Webmin's built-in "system and
server
status" monitor.  Great little tool to monitor and email you and run
commands if something fails.

Matt