[isf-wifidog] Macintosh Leopard and SSIDs names with accents

Don Druce dondruce at sympatico.ca
Sam 29 Mar 08:19:06 EDT 2008

Has anyone else run across this.

Using a Macintosh with Leopard, trying to access a router using accented
characters in its SSID.  The router is not seen by the Macintosh - other
nearby routers with no accents are all seen..  If you go to diagnostics,
it shows it as encrypted and wants its password.

I am NOT positive that is being caused by the accented SSID, but I am
pretty darn sure.  I will be going back later to change the name by
removing the accents and see what happens/

Have ISF received any reports of this problem ?

Thanks