[isf-wifidog] Using multiple auth server and make a unique network

Pascal Leclerc isf at plec.ca
Sam 22 Mar 00:09:03 EDT 2008

Quoting Andrea Grandi <a.grandi at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to build 2 wifi networks in 2 different cities here in my
> country. Each city will have its own auth server.
>
> The question is: it will be possible in the future, to make a unique
> network having 2 different auth server?
>
> I make you an example. I register an account in the city A. I travel
> to city B and try to connect to B network. The B server try to
> authenticate me, but it doesn't find me on its own database, so it
> queries the server A, which grants for me.
>
> Is this possible with wifidog?

No, wifidog (auth server or gateway) can't do this.

Many features playing with more than one auth server can become a must
have with bigger network:

-Failover clustering
-Hotspot or network load balancing
-Master/Slave configuration
-...

But a lot of work need to be done to allow data replication and
integrity between the server. I hope that the gateway V2.0 will
include this need. The bad news is that many features have higher
priority at this time.

   Pascal