[isf-wifidog] Multiple SSIDs

Matthew Kitchin (Usenet/Lists) mkitchin.public at gmail.com
Ven 20 Juin 10:26:12 EDT 2008

Thank you for the response. I don't necessarily want to replace all my Cisco
gear. We do 10 or more new facilities a year, and I would start this at our
new facilities. The Cisco waps are doing multiple SSIDs. I do have the
option of multiple SSIDs in the openwrt Linksys I just built. I'm really
trying to simplify the setup. These are remote sites with no IT employees,
and getting everything setup, plugged into the correct ports, etc remotely
has become rather difficult. I'm trying to get it all running on one box.
That being said, I didn't think of using the Linksys for just Wifidog and
not a WAP. That would definitely work, and work better than what I'm
currently doing. The version of FreeBSD that Monowall runs on isn't stable
in a VMWare session. I would really love to get this all running on one box.
If it can't work, I will probably do what you recommend by just using the
Linksys for Wifidog, but that will be sort of ironic how close I am to
getting it all in one box, and the Linksys is a WAP, but I can't use that
feature in my setup.

-Matthew